,

https://nowcomment.com/documents/137519

Organization. “Strange Way Flat Earthers Explain Evidence Of Round Planet.” HuffPost, HuffPost, 29 Oct. 2012, www.huffpost.com/entry/flat-earth-society-psychology_n_2038198.

The flat earth theory is a very interesting one. It is entertaining and it seems completely impossible. There are lots of “proofs” and “disproofs” to this theory but there only seems to be one side of the theory, the earth is round. If you open your mind to the possibilities and put your biases aside you will be able to see how interesting this theory really is. Since 2009 the flat earth conspiracy has been increasing in numbers in groups of about 200 each year. They have a website and there are ways to contact them about their beliefs. They are very open with their views and they promote their theory mainly by social media. The organization is very active through twitter, that is how they gain members. There are many things disproving the theory and a lot of the obstacles to the theory are things that are common sense. Like gravity. The flat earth society doesn’t believe in the theory of gravity. -I’m not sure how they think our bodies stay on earth, but they don’t think it is gravity. – they also think that NASA is hiding the true shape of the earth on purpose. Speaking of hiding things, they also believe that Antarctica is a big ring of ice that lines the outer edges of the “disc” that we live on. They use this to explain why flight patterns dont go over Antarctica and why you have to get special permission to go to Antarctica itself.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Flat Earth Theory: Round Earth? by Elena is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ivette Mendez 2 months ago

In my opinion I don really care, just live your life .Does it matter if the earth is flat or round?

2. Raine 2 months ago

Its very interesting that some people still believe that the earth is flat. I had no idea that this was something that people still have debate over.