Coming of Age from the website Welcome to Wonderland expresses the thought that Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol is a coming of age story. In the beginning, Alice acts like a child. She’s curious to a fault, cries when the slightest bad things happen to her, and acts without thinking. Throughout the book, however, Alice begins to change into someone wiser and braver. She’s able to stick up for herself to the Queen and the Mad Hatter. The author says that Alice begins to change after she floats in her own pool of tears. It’s true that tragedy, or being alone, or having to do things by themselves can force someone to grow up. This moment being the catalyst of Alice’s change reflects that. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is indeed a coming of age story about the growth of a little girl to that of a young woman who can stand up for herself and what she thinks is right.