https://nowcomment.com/documents/137392

The article above covers the debunking of psychics, specifically those that have turned to social media as a way to learn about those they are reading. Psychics are part of a larger theme of psychological manipulation and trickery. The tactics psychics use can be found anywhere from astrology to investigation of the paranormal. Besides the Barnum Effect, believing vague and broad claims are true, psychics and other mediums use methods to persuade their audience into believing everything they say and do is special. Social media is a tool that psychics have been turning to in order to research audience members before a show and use the new found knowledge to their advantage. Psychics also do cold readings where they use behavioral clues and appearance to make assumptions. Although a lot of psychics are simply illusionists, there might be a slight benefit to having psychics still popular in modern society. Some people get a sense of comfort when they can “contact” a dead loved one or simply see what the next month will be like for them.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What Tactics Do Psychics Use? by Lindsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.