My name is Alejandro, something that I think that’s important to know about me is that I like to play soccer and it’s my favorite sport. I was born in December 21, 2001. Something important that happened to me or a turning point in my life was when I moved from Mexico to the United States at age of three. Otherwise, I have always lived in the same neighborhood, in the same house for my whole life in Austin, TX.

What I like about school is that I get to see all my friends together in the same place. One thing that I think I am really good at in school is History. When I am not at school I like to go help my dad work. I think I am particularly good at soccer. I got good at it by having a lot of practice.

One item that I strongly agree with is the stereotype about my community. This is because everywhere I go, or when someone asks me what part of town I live in and I tell them, they always say the same thing about my community: it is “ghetto” or that it’s full of gang members. I believe this judgement is racist just because it’s a hispanic community. They think everyone is doing bad, but it is really not true because there’s more good people than bad.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Story by Alejandro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.