My name is Julissa. I am fourteen years old and I live on the Lower East Side, which is where I have lived my whole life. I was born in Bellevue Hospital in New York.

I like to play a lot of sports, softball, basketball, volleyball, football, etc. I’m not so sure if I want to focus on one or multiple of these sports professionally because I catch interest in so many things. I like to drum, swim, go camping, and help others. I’ve always loved to dance since I was little because whenever my sister would dance, or do anything, I would copy her and try to be like her. We would dance along with characters from the tv or singers in their music videos.

I also like to act and am pretty good at it, from my perspective. On the night I had to get ready for my first day in first grade, my mom said when she came back to the room from doing what she was doing, I was going to read to her. But I really do not like reading. My sister was on the bed so I was talking to her, but when I heard my mom’s footsteps we both got quiet. I layed down quickly and closed my eyes, trying to think of a serious scenario or event that had happened to me, and focused on that so I wouldn’t move or make a sound when she came back. I surprised myself big time because I did it and my mom believed it, and when she left I opened one eye and smiled at my sister.

I know that my high school is preparing me for college because they almost always ask what i’m interested in doing, and what they can do to help me get there. They also give me a variety of options/ or classes, to support my search for a career. This is important to me because i don’t want to be left back and stop learning, i want to keep going to school to study what I aspire to be.

1. Ethan 2 years ago

you seem to have been into a lot of sports, according to the “etc. ” you seem to have a wide imagination, though i cannot relate to much because i dont have a brother or sister

ya heard?

2. Jillian 2 years ago

Dear Julissa,
    Your bio is really well written. You do an amazing job describing yourself. I definitely agree with you when you say you think you’re a great dancer. You have so many different interests and its so cool. You have really great goals. I really like that you make personal connections throughout your writing. The memory you gave us is really interesting. It gave me a different aspect about you.
    I like how you are also looking into the future a bit. I to am looking into the future and thinking about what I want to deal with my life. I personally think you should do something that involves helping people. You’re so helpfully and bubbly. You do a great job at making everyone smile.
    I can’t wait to see more of your work.

3. Ethan FEAFEFDCAWWDsafdjeka 2 years ago

awwwww

4. Miriam 2 years ago

That’s cool that you have so many interests! I relate because there are so many things I wish I could do in life, but I know that I can’t do it all. Right now I’m thinking about going into business to try and help LGBTQ+ people get access to things that they need. I want to do that because of one of my past experiences. Do you have any other memories that shape what you’re interested in?