,

My name is Ariel Liz.Im latino to be specific im dominican 100 percent. A lot of people think of the little mermaid when they hear my name.They also think this because of my height.I was born in New York City to be specific in Manhattan at 168th Street Presbyterian Hospital. Something that happened to me that was very important to me is when my grandma died, my grandpa died, and my uncle died while I was in Dominican Republic. I lost all three of them in two weeks. Also when I came back I found out that one of my best friends had to get surgery for her heart.

I really love to play guitar.Its one of the only things that im good at in school.I’m good at anything if you just grab my attention if a class is super straight forward serious with no laughs or anything no one will want to be there and then no one especially me will learn.I have a guitar at home so that’s basically all I do when I get home.In guitar im particularly good at playing fairly difficult songs.But when it comes to easy songs for some reason I can’t play them.I can also finger pick in guitar.Which means that instead of just playing with your thumb I can play with all 5 of my fingers.

Something that is really meaningful to me is about gangs.Now I have never been approached to join a gang but they have threatened me before.This is a real turning point in my life because for the first time I could actually see what the world is like.Unlike what they teach at school the real life is filled with messed up people.What they teach at school is how you should respect people or say  this quote “Treat others the way you want to be treated”.When I say school I mean like elementary school.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Guitar player from DR by Ariel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Isaiah 5 days ago

Dear Ariel,

I am interested in your interest in guitar because I’m a guitar player myself. Your post shows a picture of guitar but you only talk about it in only one paragraph, “A guitar player from DR,” is a weird title because it seems like you played only in school, but based on your title it seems like you have been playing guitar since you lived in DR.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Which means that instead of just playing with your thumb I can play with all 5 of my fingers.” I think this is weird because This is either a mistake or you play it in a very unique, weird way. Usually, when you play fingerstyle guitar you only use your thumb, index and middle finger, but you can use your ring if you want, not recommended

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like seeing other musicians continue on a journey of music.