NowComment

This source gives examples of how celebrities can partake in political media manipulation tactics through social media.  Social media is most popular in Gen Z, so it maintains significant political influence over the youth and subsequently the next election. Celebrities engaging in politics on a public scale can be both positive and negative in terms of media manipulation. It can encourage action but it can also encourage misinformation. Youth looks towards their role models to learn how to approach certain things. This could be both negative or positive. But it is nonetheless a non-subtle form of media manipulation.

CC BY-SA 4.0 How Taylor Swift, Snapchat, And Millennial Marketers Are Changing The Political Game- Source for Explanatory Essay by Ari is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jillian 4 months ago

I wrote about a similar topic. It is interesting to see the way social media influencers are able to manipulate their audience.