,

There are many minor flaws in the education system that ultimately lead to a much greater overall issue. In an article by Matthew Lynch,  he states 18 reasons the american education system is failing. Some of the most surprising to me were that technology has presented many new challenges, the issue of tenure, and the controversy over school safety and security. Another article I read talked about a major underlying issue that is still present in schools which is segregation. Instead of creating a diverse school, we need to focus more on creating diverse classrooms. The article talks about a school in New York where the majority is caucasian students, who ultimately receive better benefits and opportunities. Many believe that standardized tests are made to make minorities fail. This school segregation doesn’t prepare kids and young adults for the real world. More diversity leads to a greater skill of critical thinking.

The last article I read talks about how the American education system is broken. It talks about how the grading system measures the students inner excellence. This teaches student to study to pass the class, not to learn the material. This leads to an obsession with grades, instead of focusing on finding something we’re passionate about. Something that could fix this issue is requiring students to correct their tests. It’s important to go over previous concepts before moving onto new material.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/135129

CC BY-SA 4.0 American Education System- Week 1 by Yulisa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Clara 2 months ago

Yulisa, I think this is a very important topic that there needs to be more discussion about. You should expand on how the grading system encourages cheating and stress. I am excited to see how your paper turns out.

2. Sera 2 months ago

Yulisa,
    I think this is a very interesting topic that has so much information behind it. I agree that students study to pass rather than to learn. I’m interested to see what other information you find.

3. Ari 2 months ago

Yulisa, this is a very interesting and important topic. I think your comment that there is a collection of small issues that contribute to larger institutional issues is extremely accurate. American education has a lot of room for growth and I think commentary on it, such as this, is crucial to spreading awareness on the issues.

4. Jacob 2 months ago

This is a wonderful post with many great points. Additionally, have you considered taking on the role of teachers and the system as a whole compared to those of other countries? What kind of classroom style works the best? Here’s an article that might help you with some insight on this subject: https://degree.astate.edu/articles/k-12-education/us-compare-in-global-education.aspx

5. Keenantwera 2 months ago

Deca Durabolin Where To Inject
    When you are going to a job interview, make sure you provide any files that you may be requested. Car owners licence, Sociable Protection credit card, duplicates of your cv or anything else you can imagine. This will show you are prepared and able to function. When the interviewer openly asks you for anything unusual, get it for them in a timely manner.
    Turinabol Quanto Tomar
    While traveling to your unfamiliar country is an fascinating expertise, it could also be unsafe should you aren’t informed about its legal guidelines and customs. For this function, their state Department of the usa developed a website (vacation.state.gov) that you could pay a visit to to find out a great deal of facts about the land to which you are vacationing, including facts on criminal offense, health issues and well-liked attractions.
    Steroid Inj Knee
    To boost your golfing technique, occupy yoga exercises. Yoga exercise can help you come to be flexible and versatile. It strengthens the muscles and loosens your bones and ligament. It will help you discover ways to bend and twist gracefully and without having harming oneself. Most of all, yoga exercise exercise explains to unfilled your brain, focus, and concentrate – these are generally everything you have to do well before responding to the ball in golfing.
    Deca- Durabolin 90 Caps

6. Jacob 2 months ago

Yulisa, I think your post is very informative. I think the issue of tenure is one that is really interesting, and that there’s a belief it’s given way to easily and without reason, and just encourages mediocre teacher. I personally agree with these views, and there are a lot of articles that you might find interesting. Here’s a pro-con article that could get you started.
    https://teachertenure.procon.org