My name is Erald Haziraj. I was born in August 5th 2002 which makes me 16 years old my mom were born in Dominican republic she  moved to New York after getting married and they lived in New York for about 18 years now I have 3 siblings 2 sisters and 1 brother I was raised in the Bronx my whole life I went to school there, but i moved to Washington heights in manhattan and went to school in manhattan for the first time my favorite thing to do is play basketball and going outside with friends. I had a rough life with no father figure with gang affiliation and messing around with the police getting into trouble going to jail getting into fights but now that i grown up i realized what i been doing to my life i decided to change for the greater good.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Change for Good by Erald is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Karla 5 months ago

Dear Erald,

I am surprised by the way that you described your poem “change for good” because I would never imagine for you to go through something like that, especially when you had no father figure the oldest son you would just learn by what you would see in the street. “I had a rough life with no father figure with gang affiliation and messing around with the police getting into trouble going to jail getting into fights” its really rough how you have to deal with that.” now that I grew up I realized what I been doing to my life I decided to change for the greater good” when you said this it made me realize how some people grow up for the better. Your bio reminded me off how I also lost my dad and my life changed not because I didn’t have a father figure but because I was really close to him for him just to leave without saying nothing.

If you ever need someone to talk to I’m here.

2. William 5 months ago

Erald,
    It is very good to hear that you’ve made a significant change in your life. I couldn’t imagine living without a father and understand that it must be hard to be expected to do everything right without that figure in your life. I really hope you continue to make a change for the better and seek betterment for yourself and others.

3. Gwendolyn 5 months ago

Erald,

I really enjoyed reading your post about your life! Your use of description allowed me to get a clear picture of what you were talking about with your family and your childhood. The last sentence is very powerful and it is inspirational for anyone who wants to make a change in their life.

I hope that you keep writing about yourself and your journey. I think that your story could really help a lot of people.

Great job, Erald!