,

I’m Latina, Mexican to be specific. Although I’m Mexican, that doesn’t mean I’m an immigrant because I was born and raised in America. I was born on July 23, 2004. I was raised by a single parent. My life went in the other direction once my dad left. I have lived my whole life in the United States, Washington Heights. I was raised near Dyckman Street because my school was there. I spend most of my time there. After eight years, my time was done in elementary and middle school, and it was time for me to move on to high school. To this point, I go to Harvest Collegiate. My whole life I’ve been busy I am the way I am because of the experiences I’ve been thrown, like sleepaway camps every summer. It was away. It wasn’t a religions camp . It was for fun.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Karla’s Journey by Karla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lizeth 1 month ago

Dear Karla

I really like your bio. I think your story is nice because a lot of kids who only have one parent may have a hard time getting through school.I live in Texas my whole live I wonder how i would be in NY.

2. Ariel 2 months ago

Dear Karla,
    I am empathetic about living with a single parent.One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “My life went in the other direction once my dad left”.I feel sorry that he did that to you to be very honest I wish my dad left.But for you but i’m guessing you didn’t want that to happen in your case.Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next because I enjoyed reading this.

3. Erald 2 months ago

Dear Karla

I like your bio its so personal and i like how deep you get into ur life. And i like the title “Karla’s journey” very creative title i like how u give us your life through school and how now u made it to highschool very good karla