,

My name is Quantell Branch it’s a unique but some people call me Dj but i love me ice cream but my brother use to go Harvest Collegiate High School and use to play for the Washington Irving Bulldogs Basketball Team , im 17 yrs old and i am in the 10th grade and i was born February 22 , 2002 in a Brooklyn but i was raised in Harlem , but i’m a African – American/Jamaica type of immigrant but they didn’t start talking since there senior year in HIgh School then going into College together but my Father dropped out of High School and my mom but my mom stay in school and got a degree so then and then a year later April 5,1998 that’s when my older brother was born in St.Lukes hospital and then after that he had 7 years to himself by himself and February 22, 2002 that’s when i was born and then after that nothing was the same ….

I like do math,poetry,and basketball in my school to be honest i’m good at percussion,english, global and i love to play basketball when i’m not in school as my outside my favorite basketball player killing in a game and i want to go to the nba oversees either one that come to me first and the reason why i’m so good at basketball now is because practice make perfect every blood and sweat,and tiers that come from me and other ways that’s happens to me and i joined the basketball team called washington irving when i was a freshmen ….

I feel safe on the street some time but if im coming home late and taking the subway by myself and walking home by myself but in certain hoods people get jump for being there but i live with the white people on my block….

CC BY-SA 4.0 Harlem Streets by Quantel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Julissa 2 months ago

I really like how you describe yourself in this little excerpt. I like that you give a lot of detail and insight to the reader of who you are. One thing I would say is to remember to capitalize after every period and know what words or letter should be capitalized. One thing I also think that could add to your writing it perhaps adding metaphors. For example, ” I’m so good at basketball that I feel like I could be the next…” Something like that would add a lot more to this. But, overall, you did a good job.