,

Mediums have been around since the beginning of time. They are a specific type of psychic that goes above and beyond simply tuning into a person’s energy and instead they tune into the person’s past present and future by reading the spiritual energy that surrounds them.  Often times this refers to talking to people who have passed on, but whose energy surrounds the living. They have an extraordinary gift that many people are willing to pay a lot of money for in search of peace.

Although history and mediums are no strangers, in recent years there has been a surge in their popularity. This Movement is known at spiritualism. Mediumship has become a highly publicized profession with shows such as Long Island Medium and Hollywood Medium. These shows showcase the talents of these individuals and often times inspire emotional reactions from the participants and the audience due to the nature of the reading.

To many people psychic mediums offer a second chance, and they also offer people a way to say goodbye to those who have passed on. Many religions teach that when one dies, their soul lives on and lingers around those who are important to them. Mediums have the ability to communicate to these souls. This makes them very popular for sentimental people and those looking for answers.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Mediumship in the 21st Century by Halley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Katherine 1 week ago

Halley, this is a really interesting topic! I really liked how you explained the purpose of mediums and specifically how you said “many religions teach that when one dies, their soul lives on and lingers around those who are important to them. Mediums have the ability to communicate to these souls.” I’m very excited to see what you write next!