One place I love is Mexico. Mexico is my home country and where my parents are from. I feel like this place is better than New York in many ways. Its quietness is very satisfying and I like the way in the mornings you feel safe to walk around because you are not alone. On Sundays, for Mexicans it’s an extra work day or a day for people to go shopping. Mostly everyone puts up a tent on Saturday to claim the space in which they would sell on Sunday. On Sundays there is a crowd of people around the church in order  to get some of the goods that people are selling. They sell from food to toys and clothing. Tourists would like to go out on Sundays because that is when it is the most interesting. The parks over there are different. Not only do they involve swings and slides but they also involve carousels which you have to push yourself. Over there you won’t see the roads you see in New York but in their place there is a sand/dirt covered street. Over there you don’t get judged by the amount of money you owe but you get judged by how much effort you put in and how much you care about your family. In Mexico, you don’t have to have money in order to be known. You have to be unique and a good person. The soccer fields in Mexico are larger than most soccer fields in New York and when there is a soccer game almost everyone wants to watch. In Mexico there are parties almost everyday and the parties are mostly safe unless a lot of gangs go. Overall I love Mexico the way it is.

1. Pa Houa 1 month ago

I love reading about Mexico and it’s differences from New York! I live in the Twin Cities, Minnesota which has a different environment than New York and Mexico. But it’s interesting to learn about the different environment and lifestyle. I think Mexico is beautiful. However I am wondering, how do you feel about seeing tourists; are they a distraction in your daily life or are they apart of your lifestyle?

2. Emily 1 year ago

Dear Wendy:

I am so touched by your story about the places you love, “Pictures of Mexico” because you just shared what are the parts of Mexico that means the most to you and how it has taught you and helped you so far in your life. Also how you talk about your culture and Represent how you are Mexico in some type of way.

One part of your story that stands out for me is where “Over there you won’t see the roads you see in New York but in their place there is a sand/dirt covered street. “Over there you don’t get judged by the amount of money you owe but you get judged by how much effort you put in and how much you care about your family”. I think this is delightful because you compared how New York, well I mean the united states is so different

Another part that stood out to me is where I peeped through the writing that you really meant every word you said.This stood out for me because you poured your soul out in this.

Your story reminds me of when I was eleven I went DR and I loved how different it was from the city. One time when I was in Dr I went to the River in Santiago and it was so fun, i went with family and friends.

Thanks for your story. I look forward to seeing what you make next, because I really liked how you expressed yourself and should that even tho Mexico is in a bad places because of Trump’s wall and stuff you still go passed that and wrote what you loved about Mexico.

3. Kasandra 1 year ago

I agree with Kalina your pictures are so beautiful. I remember going to Puebla only when i was younger, I haven’t visited in quite a long time. About 2 years ago i went to Mexico City and then Michoacán. You visit such beautiful and historic places, and get to learn more about your culture.

4. Kalina 1 year ago

I love the pictures, Wendy, very nice, really shows your love for Mexico, keep up the good work, can’t wait for your next post!