My name is Charissa, a first-year student at Harvest Collegiate high school.  My birthday is November 27, was born in 2003. I am Black and Dominican. I’m currently 15 years old. My name is mixed with my father and mother name, Charles and Sara. A very important turning point that happened in my life is when my little sister was born, on my father side. My parents have been separated for a very long time now. Didn’t really emotional effect me or anything. When I’m with my baby sister who is currently 10 months, I’m just all types of happy. I was born in PA (Pennsylvania), moved to New York for a couple of years, moved back to PA for like two years, then came back to New York ever since then I continue school in the city. I have thoughts on finishing High school in P.A. I do plan on going to college also.

Something I enjoy doing in school is being in percussion class. Literally, my favorite class to be in throughout the day, makes me forget about everything. As much as I enjoy being in the class, I don’t see myself becoming a drummer. My thoughts for the future is to become a lawyer right now. Anyways, high school in my eyes is okay. Harvest Collegiate is not really a big school and I guess that is one reason why I don’t find high school a big change. Yes, I find it overwhelming, but I do what I gotta do to through it. I find myself around a lot of people at different times, and alone at others. High school for me, has taught me how to be on my own, and don’t expect anyone to be there with you.

Me being alone doesn’t really bother. I really love to be by myself, listening to music. Usually, I be in my own world, no matter who is around.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Cha-ri-ssa! by Charissa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Zariya 7 months ago

Dear Charissa :
    I am so happy for you I also have a baby sister she is 15 months. I am happy about your post “Cha-ri-ssa!” because… I really think i can relate to the this. Also it was interesting to hear about your life. and it was really One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “high school in my eyes is okay. ” I think this is interesting because… Another sentence that I really liked was: “a first-year student at Harvest Collegiate high school.” This stood out for me because… I am too!!
    Your bio reminds me of something that happened to me. One time … in my life
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next hopefully its soon. Maybe we can speak more in school so we can talk more about our sisters and family together. One last thing why do you choose a picture of your sister and not you.

2. Malcolm 7 months ago

Dear Charissa:
    I am in agreement with your bio and feel that I can relate because I also go to harvest and have picked up on some of the things that you have. Being that I’ve been here for a little longer I’ve had more time to get adjusted but your doing fine and you’ll be good.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Yes, I find it overwhelming, but I do what I gotta do to through it. I find myself around a lot of people at different times, and alone at others.” I think this is very honest because I also feel the same way. Even though school is a place where we interact the only thing that really matters is you getting your education reguardless if your alone or not only you can control what you do with the opportunity of school
    Your Poem in a way reminds me of my freshman self and to be honest I’m kind of still the same Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write

3. Jaylin 8 months ago

Dear Charissa,
    i enjoyed reading your biography. You were very open in this piece. When would you consider moving back to P.A?

4. Keeba 8 months ago

Hi Charissa,
    I like that you seem very persistant seeing that you have moved back and fourth from PA and NY. transitioning schools might have been hard for you. Tell us more about that experience. How are you liking your new school so far?