My name is Ashley Parkinson. I am 16 years old. I was born in NY on January 26, 2003. Currently, I live in the Bronx, but I used to live in Queens when I was younger for 9 months. Both of my parents are Jamaican but I was born here in the USA. Every year I go to Jamaica to visit my family especially my grandfather.

I have 3 older siblings all from only my dad’s side. They don’t live with me. I’ve always wanted younger siblings so I’ve always felt lonely. I live with my mom. They don’t live with my dad either except 1. Two of my siblings are twins and the other is the oldest.

My siblings are all adults. I’m my mom’s only child. I love to play the piano. I played when I was younger while I did dance then stopped. I used to dance at Fancy Feet since I was 2 but I stopped and continued piano.

1. Lucky 1 year ago

Dear Ashley:

I am interested in your bio because it is hard to imagine what it is like being the only child in a house.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “They don’t live with me. I’ve always wanted younger siblings so I’ve always felt lonely.” I think this is a little sad because I am really close to my older sister and we live together. I would be sad if I did not have her in my life because I look up to her tremendously. She makes me laugh, a lot. I hope you are able to connect to your older sisters even though they are older.

Another sentence that made me curious was: “I live in the Bronx, but I used to live in Queens when I was younger for 9” This stood out for me because I once went to Queens for a girls trip. It was a lot different from Texas.

Thanks for your writing and for sharing about your life.

Ashley 1 year ago

Thank you for writing this. It means a lot. My 3 bros and 1 sis and I are close but I hardly see them.

2. Lucky 1 year ago

Are you spoiled being the only child?

Ashley 1 year ago

No my mom is really strict. My dad is more lenient with certain things.