,

So far central idea in “The Night Gardener” by Jonathan Auxier remind me that sometime men say they are not afraid , so that others do not think they are afraid like girls. I know a friend who always said that he was not afraid of anything and that he was very brave. But one day, my friends made a joke to show that the reality was scary and then, in the end, my friend was very scared by the joke and ended up accepting it. In The Night Gardener’s book it is about a boy named Angel who came to a very dark forest where he said it was a suitable place for him, but that he was very scared inside.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Men are afraid??? by Sofia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alejandro 2 weeks ago

Dear sofia
    I am impressed by your post Men are afraid? Because…
    This is a history that is a lection of life for that the people they think in scary ‘’ I think this is good because… all in this world it’s scary and no matter how small Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because… I will be back because your posts are interesting because have a historys that containing a information for red all day

2. Alejandro 2 weeks ago

Dear sofia
    Men say they are not afraid, so others do not think they are afraid like girls. I know a friend who always said that he was not afraid of anything and that he was very brave one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is my friend got scared a lot with the joke
    ‘’ I think this is good because… all in this world it’s scary and no matter how small Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because… I will be back because your posts are interesting because have a historys that containing a information for red all day

3. Alejandro 2 weeks ago

Dear sofia
    I am impressed by your post Men are afraid? Because… los hombres dicen que no tienen miedo, por lo que otros no creen que tengan miedo como las niñas. Conozco a un amigo que siempre decía que no le tenía miedo a nada y que era muy valiente one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is mi amiga se asustó mucho con la broma ‘’ I think this is good because… all in this world it’s scary and no matter how small Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because… I will be back because your posts are interesting because have a historys that containing a information for red all day

4. Lindsey 3 weeks ago

Sofia,
    This is an interesting topic. It is such a common stigma in society that guys cannot show weakness or they are “feminine.” Often times men will put up a front and not show emotion. What are some things we could do to change this stigma? How can women aid in this overlooked problem men face?

Here is an interesting article about this topic.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/he-speaks-she-speaks/201501/why-don-t-many-men-show-their-emotions

5. William 3 weeks ago

Sofia,
    This is an interesting thing how most men consciously or unconsciously do not show emotion. It is very interesting how the biological aspects of trying to attract women, the roles of testosterone, and how men are raised leads to the outcome of most men not showing emotion. I have a scientific article from Psychology Today that describes some of the rationale behind why men are not emotional: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/he-speaks-she-speaks/201501/why-don-t-many-men-show-their-emotions.

6. Ari 3 weeks ago

Hi Sofia, I like how you point out that men are often uncomfortable admitting fear or weakness. Do you think this is a byproduct of modern society’s encouragement of toxic masculinity and gender-classifying emotions?

7. Elena 3 weeks ago

hi Sofia, I liked your post. I likes your explanation of why boys don’t want to be perceived as emotional. I also like how you pointed out that your friend was scared but accepted the fear ad got over it. I found this article that has men answer the question, “what are we afraid of”. I think you will like it.