Mack Tarver Jr.

Ideas: NCAA athletes being paid, NCAA rules, NCAA Sports

In our National Collegiate Athletic Association, there is many sports that are being played. Some athletes in college are trying to make it to the next level, by playing professional in which ever sport. Although, the NCAA has a lot of rules that these athletes have to follow. They aren’t allowed to do a lot of things. A big deal in our world today on why NCAA athletes are not being paid. It is a big deal on rather or not student athletes should get paid, for instance, Zion Williamson. He is a well known athlete who is going to play professional basketball in 2019-20. He almost had a career ending injury and he wasnt being paid but he has worked hard enough to be paid in college. Zion brings the money to his school due to the fact that people want to see him play basketball at Duke University. I feel like this would be a good idea to pay student athletes due to the fact that they bring a lot of money to the school. Some people don’t even know anything about some of these schools. Some schools are well known due to athletes.

Works CitedEngle, Jeremy. “Should College Athletes Be Paid?” The New York Times, The New York Times, 26 Feb. 2019, www.nytimes.com/2019/02/26/learning/should-college-athletes-be-paid.html.