He remembers what it was like to always annoy his sister 
He remembers what it was like to have trash internet
He remembers what it was like to try pizza for the first time
He remembers what it was like to lose his first boxing match
He remembers what it was like to see his newborn cousin for the first time
He remembers what was like to go rock climbing for the first time
He doesn’t remember where his favorite book is
He doesn’t remember where he put his boxing trophies
He doesn’t remember where his PS2 is

CC BY-SA 4.0 He Remembers by Tyler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Gwendolyn 6 months ago

Tyler,

I really enjoyed your poem on memory. I thought that your social commentary about how we put so much value in the physical things that we will simply lose, but how we will truly value our memories, was very deep. I loved your use of anaphora in the poem and I really enjoyed the lines in which you talked about your first times doing something.

I hope that you will continue to write poetry, Tyler! Maybe you could try writing an acrostic–I love those.

Gwen