I am joyful
no matter the events that surround my life

Joy can be found from the supernatural
finding something so much bigger than yourself, yet still being special

it is knowing that Joy is within, happiness is found amongst materials
It is realizing the simple fact that
life is hard; you cannot control what people do
but you can control what resonates within your spirit

don’t try to fix me but if you do
I will still remain
Joyful

CC BY-SA 4.0 Joy by Abigail is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Maggie 7 months ago

Hi Abigail,
    I really loved reading your poem! The world needs more joy and I love reading that you try to stay joyful regardless of other circumstances. My favorite line from the poem was, “but you can control what resonates with your spirit.” I am so excited to read more of your writing!!
    –Maggie

2. Katherine 7 months ago

Abigail, this is an amazing poem! I really enjoyed reading about your view on happiness and how you are joyful no matter what happens. I specifically liked when you said “it is realizing the simple fact that / life is hard; you cannot control what people do / but you can control what resonates within your spirit.” Those lines were very impactful and I look forward to reading what you write next!