,

Yerr, what’s good? My name is Terren but some people call me Terrence or even sometimes Tee. I’m 18 years old and 6 foot 3 inches tall. I attend Pulse High School and let me tell you, I’m honestly glad i came here because in Columbus High School I wasn’t doing anything besides getting in trouble and shooting dice in the staircase. I actually had gotten kicked out of Columbus for a brawl I had nothing to do with but it was just the fact I was there. But anyway, that’s all behind me now. So I play basketball but seriously though, I didn’t really have a choice. Honestly speaking, picking up a basketball was the best thing that ever happened to me because if I didn’t I would’ve probably been in the streets, and if you’re from the hood you know the streets have got love for NO ONE.  I was raised by my grandmother for my entire life. She’s had me since I was 6 months old, so it’s been a minute. My life was never a walk in the park. It was easier before my grandmother’s daughter had kids but it’s like now I get in trouble for everything I do. I feel like I can’t even be myself anymore. Every time I go home I have to change who I am as a person, and I’m not feeling any of it. I feel like that anytime I try to explain myself to my grandmother she doesn’t let me talk and I hate that just as much as i hate getting yelled out. Honestly, there’s no point of yelling when you speak to me because I’m either not going to take you seriously or I’m going to look at you like “ stop talking like that moe.” but here me out and let me tell you this if you speak to someone in a calm manner instead of being loud and causing scenes everything would be much easier. But yeah besides all that i’m living my best life.

CC BY-SA 4.0 This My StoRY So fAr by Terren is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. quantel 2 months ago

Dear Terren,
    I am mesmerized when he was talking about the height and the sport he play basketball your bio , “ this My story so far,” because base on the way he talking about his life story
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I attend Pulse High School and let me tell you, I’m honestly glad i came here because in Columbus High School I wasn’t doing anything besides getting in trouble and shooting dice in the staircase.” I think this is sad because he planning to fail himself
    Another sentence that I was surprise was: “I actually had gotten kicked out of Columbus for a brawl I had nothing to do with but it was just the fact I was there. But anyway, that’s all behind me now. So I play basketball but seriously though.” This stood out for me because base on what he been going through
    Your bio reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i was going through the same thing that was there to the problem that i had in school but i was getting bullied
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because that was something good that i was reading .

Terren 2 months ago

Sorry to hear that you was getting bullied. I hope that it made you into a stronger person. Thank you for your comment it was greatly appreciated.

2. Hatou 3 months ago

Dear Terren A.k.A Tee,

I am impressed by your bio. It gave me emotions that i can really relate to in reality. You’ve spoken about how you grew up, who you grew up with, and how it impacted your life. I like that way you expressed your feelings and showed what kind of person you are and what you like to do. In your story.

In ‘This my stoRY So fAr” you’ve stated, “ Honestly speaking, picking up a basketball was the best thing that ever happened to me because if I didn’t I would’ve probably been in the streets, and if you’re from the hood you know the streets have got love for NO ONE.” I think this was best best example you can give to relate to how people such as teenagers live out of school because, young teenagers out of school jst like to hog the “hood” there in and fight with other hoods just for being in “their hood.” For Example, in “my hood” the boys over there are like animals.what i can say is keep on going and do not quit on school or your going to end up on the streets as you said in your story.

Another sentence that I liked and was very amazing to me was: “let me tell you this if you speak to someone in a calm manner instead of being loud and causing scenes everything would be much easier.” This stood out for me because it shows me that this doesn’t just happen to me. In this quote you’ve explained how yelling at a person makes them only feel worse about themselves and not better which is a real life action that often happens today.

Your story reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I came from school and then went to an event in my other school called “culture day” where my friends are, and i didn’t tell my parents. Then, when I got home my dad started yelling at me and didn’t even let me say what i had to say then, i got mad and didn’t want to even talk anymore. This is very important because instead of making a person mad and leading them to do things you and them didn’t expect, you should just simply talk to them nicely and tell them what they did wrong so y”all can understand each other.

Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, since your writing made me feel great because instead of feeling left out, I know that I have someone that have similar situations as me which we can speak to each other about it. Hope to read another one soon.

Terren 2 months ago

I appreciate your comment its nice to know that I’m not the only one out there going through situations like this

3. Joshua 3 months ago

Dear Terren, I am astonished by your post, “This My StoRY So fAr” because it describes exactly how you’ve grown into the person you are today. You’ve expressed how basketball is your way out. One line that stood out to me is “Honestly, there’s no point of yelling when you speak to me because I’m either not going to take you seriously or I’m going to look at you like “ stop talking like that moe.” ” I think this line is funny cause thats dead relatable. Your poem reminds me of my poem “Where I’m From” where I explained how I and my brothers live and how I live day to day. AMOS @jjwoody912

4. Audrey 3 months ago

Terrence, I enjoyed reading about your life story. I think that its cool that you use basketball as an outlet when things get tough. I think you might find it interesting that playing sports has a lot of mental benefits. Here’s an article if you want to learn more about it. https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-benefits-sports Thank you for sharing this article. I look forward to seeing what you create in the future.