,
I remember somethings
But I don’t remember others

I remember my great grandmother
Seeing her every year as a young kid.
I don’t remember my school life as a young kid though

I remember when my old babysitter was late to my school bus on my birthday
I got to go on the whole route and back
I don’t remember my birth though

I remember discovering supercars
Especially Bugatti’s
I don’t however remember the first time I saw a supercar

I remember the first time I drove a car
My grandma was too worried to be in the car
I don’t remember when I first got into cars though

I remember somethings
But I don’t remember others

CC BY-SA 4.0 You Don’t Remember by Oliver is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alexander 3 months ago

Dear Oliver,
    Your poem “You Don’t Remember” made the think about all the things I do and don’t remember. I too remember my great grandmother, and the layout of her room in the retirement home but I only remember sparse bits of my life from before fifth grade. It’s something that doesn’t get very much attention brought to it. Your line “I don’t remember when I first got into cars though” really resonates with me. I too am into cars but I don’t remember the exact day or event that caused me to start working on them and even consider it a career path, I just remember the choice was made over a summer.

Thanks for your poem. I’m looking forward to what you write next. The fact that you wrote about a topic that isn’t though about often and that you appear to have a similar interest to me will bring me back.