She doesn’t remember 
Broken inside the girl speaks,
She doesn’t remember the last time someone said “I love you” and really meant it,
She doesn’t remember the part of her childhood were it wasn’t rough,
She doesn’t remember the last time society just accepted everyone for who they are,
She remembers the last time she cried,She remembers it like it was yesterday,
So used to holding her feelings in
    Now her mind is immune
Her heart is hurting
Her body confused
She doesn’t remember a time something mattered to her.
Why oh why can’t she remembers

CC BY-SA 4.0 Broken Girl by Emily is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Keeba 6 months ago

Dear Emily,
    I really admire the fact that you clearly captivated what it really means to be broken or felt like your all alone.

One sentence that stands out to me is the line where you say ” She doesn’t remember the last time someone said “I love you” and really meant it” . This makes me cherish every moment i have with those I love and also be mindful of when i do use that word because it can make or break a person.

2. Ashley 6 months ago

Dear Emily:
    I am so interested with your poem, Broken Girl, because this types of poems identifies us women. This is what the major of us live in this life, for us is difficult express our feelings and we store them in us.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “She remembers the last time she cried,She remembers it like it was yesterday.”
    I think this is real because we (the women) live stories like this every day we try to do our best but nobody thanks it. We live in a society when the feelings or the opinion of a women does not care and they ignore us.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this kind of poems I love to read and know about them these bring us definitions, personalities and big challenges to our lives. To know what we need to do to not be afraid to be great. To be us and don’t care what people say.

Emily 6 months ago

Dear Ashely:
      I really appreciate you taking the time of your day to read my poem. This comment makes me so happy because i really take the time and passion in my work to try to inspire, relate, and to make sure someone is not alone to what there feeling. When they feel life is just terrible and you feel like no one understands you. So, i make this poems to show at the end of the day there someone who know what your feeling, to know you are not alone. There at least someone that cares about you.