I chose to voice record Act 2 Scene 1 lines 199-209 of Shakespeare’s play- Othello. In this recording I am reading for Othello. I found it challenging to be able to read 10 straight lines of old English without messing up. In this passage I had to portray the tone of Othello speaking to his new wife, Desdemona. I did my best to make the tone sound calm and when there were parts of the play with exclamation points I raised my voice in order to accurately portray the scene. I felt like a calmer tone with different volumes and expression would be fitting for this part of the play, because of all the feelings of emotions Othello receives when he sees Desdemona.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Othello speaking to his new wife, Desdemona by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.