1. Sante 7 months ago

Hello Caton! You discuss some interesting ideas about how the truth and defining qualities of America lie behind the geography and places rather than the people. While this is probably an unpopular view, I think it is a very interesting one. I think doing some research into how geography affects a person could be beneficial to proving your point. Here is an article that discusses the growing idea that technology is dismissing the importance of geography to a person’s identity that also includes a counterview to that statement. https://trend.pewtrusts.org/en/archive/trend-summer-2016/foreword-how-geography-shapes-our-identity

2. Olivia 7 months ago

I agree with the fact that a location defines people to some extent, but I believe that people also define the places they live. When you say that America is diverse, what do you mean? Are you talking about the landmass and climate? I would like to hear more from you explaining what you mean more specifically!