1. Peter 22 hours ago

Nice article, however I think without the people, there is no America. Men and women built this country back over 200 years ago, and we have continues to thrive as a country ever since. I think you would like this article that explains what it is to be an American. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1939/03/what-makes-an-american/309021/.
    Thanks, have a great day.

2. Gedeon 4 weeks ago

I like that you clearly stated that it’s your opinion. But I think you should have specific examples demonstrating what you mean by “America has the diversity that leads to the freedom to not just do whatever but to do whatever with whoever.” This will allow the reader to relate and understand the point you are trying to convey to the readers.

3. Jonathan 4 weeks ago

Hey Caton, I like how you do not conform with the viewpoints of others. I like that you have formulated your own beliefs on the subject mater. When you related that America is not great solely on the basis that it has freedom is interesting. Many different countries have freedom which doesn’t make America special. I am curious on your idea of how America is diverse and how the people do not make America diverse. America is the most diverse nation in the world. America was not always diverse. In my opinion the diversity came from the immigration of people who came to America. This includes Germans, Irish, English, Africans, Chinese, and many other races and cultures. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/10-ways-america-is-different_b_4670233 This link shows some ways in which America is different from the world. America is serenely different than any other country. Because everyone will have a different viewpoint on what America means, It would be interesting to know why they feel like that. It could be based on past experiences, their location, who they associate themselves with, how much money they have, their gender, and many more factors.

4. Sante 8 months ago

Hello Caton! You discuss some interesting ideas about how the truth and defining qualities of America lie behind the geography and places rather than the people. While this is probably an unpopular view, I think it is a very interesting one. I think doing some research into how geography affects a person could be beneficial to proving your point. Here is an article that discusses the growing idea that technology is dismissing the importance of geography to a person’s identity that also includes a counterview to that statement. https://trend.pewtrusts.org/en/archive/trend-summer-2016/foreword-how-geography-shapes-our-identity

5. Olivia 9 months ago

I agree with the fact that a location defines people to some extent, but I believe that people also define the places they live. When you say that America is diverse, what do you mean? Are you talking about the landmass and climate? I would like to hear more from you explaining what you mean more specifically!