,

In this assignment, we were asked to type a poem. For my poem, I am going to type my blackout poem and put it on Youth Voices. I enjoyed this assignment because it really put my creativity to use. When I read this poem, it makes me think about the emotions of Martin while he was in prison. When other people read this poem, I hope they get his message and they will help try to change laws for equality. We should all have integrity, always.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Law Is Unjust by Mikayla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Grace 1 week ago

This is a really good project, you’ve obviously put a lot of thought into it. I like the message behind it, we should all be making a greater effort towards equality. Great job!

2. Chris 4 weeks ago

Black out poetry is my favorite type of poetry. I’m glad to see someone else enjoying it. I think the message that you are trying to convey is extremely important.

Mikayla 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much you truly made my day, I really worked hard for people to see my message I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read my poem.

3. Octavio 1 month ago

Interesting poem. I would like to see the words that you didn’t black out. You might type it out so we can read it, and keep the wonderful picture.

Mikayla 2 weeks ago

I think the original poem is a page from a letter he wrote in jail but I do not know where you can find them, I apologize but thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my poem, I appreciated.

4. Keeba 1 month ago

You did a great job on the art aspect of the poem, it was very creative. Type out your poem so we can read it!

Mikayla 2 weeks ago

The poem is in the title if you wanted to read it, thank you for the compliment, much appreciated.