1. William 3 months ago

Dear Noah
    I agree with your comment that America is not just the United States it is also other countries like Mexico and Brazil. I think we should all work as a continent and not be isolated. We should do what the European Union does and make a America Union with both North and South America. This would be good because everyone who participate can benefit. Also i agree if you are born here you are American. No matter if you speak a different language or associate with people from a different ethnicity than American you still are American if you are born here. I advise you to check out my website i talk a lot about Immigration. https://wordpress.com/stats/day/22chichad95.wordpress.com

2. Jana 3 months ago

Dear Noah,
    I completely agree with your post on ‘The Meaning of American” because it captures what an American actually is. It’s so difficult to pinpoint what an American actually is, since we live in a country build off of so many different cultures. Saying that being American is “being red, white and blue and being free” really makes me think about what it means to be American. That definition is so ambiguous, which makes sense, since the term American is ambiguous. You say that the definition of being American is “undefinable” which stands out to me. America is built off of the rights of life, liberty and happiness. If your in America, and stand by those rights and notions, that I think that makes you American. Is it fair to say that anyone is a pure American (outside of Native Americans of course), since at some point someone immigrated into this country. But that diversity is what makes America America. To be American is to accept others and allow them to live a life of freedom and happiness, not what country they originated in.

• Jana 3 months ago

Check out my blog where I talk about things like this. The blog disucssed sanctuary cities and immigration issues. It called NYC: A Safe Haven (http://nycasafehaven.home.blog)

3. Abigail 5 months ago

Noah, what an interesting definition of America. People so often forget that the word America can be used to describe anyone on the two American continents. You made it clear that you believe in the diversity of not just one country but of everyone in North and South America. Even though we seemed divided at times, we all fall under the same roof of being American. You also do a good job of describing the polar opposites of America.