“Fortnite” player Brendan Hickey wanted his character in the online game to stand out 

He can now do the electro shuffle. Eat popcorn, dribble a basketball or swing a “plunja” pickaxe.
All for the price of 16 meals.
“Fortnite” is already a national craze,
So why not the child thinks?
Why not spend another 15$
“It’s the first time we’ve all been excited to get on and play Xbox together,”
who has the cooler-looking outfits, they think
Why not spend another 20$?
n a study of 1,000 “Fortnite” players by LendEDU, nearly 69 percent made in-game purchases, averaging $84.67 each.
If others why not me?
“I had a moment of weakness” and wanted to look like Cruise, Sipe said with a laugh. He bought the outfit.  
Hey it’s all fun and games so why not spend the 30$?

Article: Custom features are what earn the big bucks in “Fortnite” video game

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why Not? by Naveen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ariana 5 months ago

Dear Naveen,
    I am perplexed by your poem “Why Not?”, because I don’t understand what the poem was meant to be talking about. Something you could have done differently when publishing this poem was to give background information in the beginning about what the poem was supposed to be talking about. When you wrote ‘ “Fortnite” player Brendan Hickey wanted his character in the online game to stand out ’ you could have written more background information about what the class assignment was about so that the next reader won’t be bewildered when reading your poem. Something that you did really admirable was the fact that you talked about how Fortnite makes a lot of money off of people. A line in your poem that stood out to me was when you wrote “n a study of 1,000 “Fortnite” players by LendEDU, nearly 69 percent made in-game purchases, averaging $84.67 each”. This stood out to me because this line shows how Fortnite makes a lot of money off of people and manipulates them. Thank you for sharing your poem, hope to see more of what you write.

2. Martha 6 months ago

Dear Naveen,
    I am impressed by your poem, “why not?,” because it features your opinions on why it is ok to just spend money on a game because it is allowing you to have fun. I believe this is a strong paragraph because you are showing how it is reasonable to spend money on a game. To me the main message of your poem is that it is reasonable to spend money on a game because it leads to you have fun. I know this because you wrote, “Hey it’s all fun and games so why not spend the 30$?”. It’s a great way to end the paragraph as a conclusion. One line that stands out for me is, “All for the price of 16 meals.“Fortnite” is already a national craze, So why not the child thinks?” I think

Naveen 5 months ago

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I want to say that buying a skin in fortnite for 10$ is ok as long as you are happy with it and make the purchase worthwhile.
      Thanks Martha

3. Victor 6 months ago

Dear Naveen:
    I am moved by your poem, “Fortnite,” because you’re saying if they are spending there money and buying skins why not me too. I also like the part when you keep saying why not.
    To me the main message of your poem is that we waste money on buying skins and we don’t even realize it. I know this because of the phrase “If others why not me?”. One line that stands out for me is, “Hey it’s all fun and games so why not spend the 30$?” I think this line is very important because it describes that we have an irresponsible attitude. I really liked how you used the literary device of anaphora when you repeat the line “Why not spend another”. Your poem sends an important message about how we sometimes do something and we don’t really realize it and we let it happen. Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

4. Leslie 6 months ago

To me, the main message of your poem is that spending money on the game is a benefit. I know this because of the prices you listed and what the characters in the game can do. One line that stands out to me is ¨Hey its all fun and games so why not spend the $30¨. This stands out to me because I know that there is many underage kids that play this game and spend money on this game, but where is the money coming from? Their parents wallet? I wonder if people ever feel bad for spending money on a game. But your poem sure does send an important message about how people spend money just to have the ¨cooler¨ skins and emotes. Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. The topic you chose is interesting, keep the good work up.

Naveen 5 months ago

Thank you, Leslie, for your feedback! Its good to know that at least some of the lines in this poem have meanings that people can understand. Thank you again

5. Calvin 6 months ago

Dear Naveen, I think that you prove a really good point in your poem, “Why Not?”. It is true and it shows how the gaming industry makes a lot of their money. One line that stands out is “Who has the cooler looking outfit’s”. This quote shows an important message because the in-game items are so hyped up that if you don’t have it, you wouldn’t fit in with the other players.
    Thank you for your poem, I would love to see more gaming related poems and I think that you have a good understanding about gaming.

Naveen 5 months ago

Thank you for your response Calvin for taking a simple line of this poem and finding the truth behind it.

6. Calvin 6 months ago

Thank you for your poem, I would love to see more gaming related poems and I think you have a good idea of how gaming works.

7. George 6 months ago

Dear Naveen:
    I am interested in your poem, “Why Not?,” because it gives a much more different aspect of the game.
    One line that stands out for me is, “If others why not me?
    ” I think this line is intriguing because… you chose to spend more because well others do, so you should not be held back, so why not.
    Your poem reminds me of a poem that I once read. It talked about the concept of Fortnite and how you can build and get skins to show off and many other things.
    Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I hope to see you write more about Fortnite or maybe some others games.

Naveen 5 months ago

I look forward to seeing your helpful comments on my future posts as they help a lot.
      Thanks George!