Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the riots in France, the Mouvement des gilets jaunes, the tear gas burning the eyes of the French citizens, the police trying to blind the innocent people when we must continue to see the problems in our society.

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the two people claiming to be the president of Venezuela, how there, gas is almost free but water and food cost a fortune, see the ten percent of their country flee their home just to be able to live.

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the thousands of children separated from their parents at the border and put into cells with people they have never seen, the children dying in ICE custody due to poor conditions and terrible quality of treatment, the President of the so-called “land of the free,” being ok with lives lost in US captivity.

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see Nauru, the Island off the coast of Australia, where thousands of war fleeing immigrants are sent to live the rest of their lives in appalling conditions, where people are denied medical treatment, where children younger than ten are cutting themselves, saying, “One day I will kill myself, wait and see, when I find the knife. I don’t care about my body. ”

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the eight countries where children are forced to serve as child soldiers. Where civil wars plague the land, planting fear into the minds of the young. In Syria where cities crumble, lives are destroyed, and families are torn apart.

Open your eyes.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Open Your Eyes by Flynn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.