,

I want you to fall.
Like so many others in this twisted world
I want you to put all your effort into something
To believe that it will work
And completely fail.

I want you to mess up.
THEY want you to mess up.
To fall farther than you thought possible
To have things turn out worse than you expected.
But unlike them,

I want you to get up.
Because it’s only through failure that we find success.
Only through weakness that we find strength.
If nobody tried anything in fear of failure,
Where would we be now?

So screw up.
Mess up.
Seek failure,

But get up.

CC BY-SA 4.0 I want you to fall by Joey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Matthew 2 months ago

hi joey,
    i really loved your poem, “i want you to fall” because it reminds me of how people always want you to fall, even your closest friends are waiting on the day you mess up to not be their to help you back up, this is very deep, good job and keep it up,
    sincerely, Matthew.

Joey 2 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to read my poem! I agree completely with what you said about friends having your back in those situations, and hope to read some of your work soon.

2. Fatjon 2 months ago

It was very good! You made a point with this poem, but you can make it more useful and sweet!, But great work!.

3. Meggy 2 months ago

This was beautiful! I loved how cynical it started out, but was resolved into a beautiful message. It wasn’t overly sweet or sugarcoated and I love that! Great work!

Joey 2 months ago

Thanks for your input Meggy! That was my aim, to start with a sort of self-centered view, but end it with an insightful, true message. I look forward to seeing some of your work soon.