Continue on
Don’t let life’s boundaries stop you
To the teachers who told you, you are not smart enough
To the coches who told you, you are not fast enough
Continue on

To the little girls comparing themselves to unrealistic expectations
To little boys being told they are not tough enough
You are enough
Continue on

To the single mothers working three jobs to support her children
To all the children whose voices are told they don’t matter
To the young teen who one day hopes to chase his dreams
Continue on

To the young girl fighting cancer
To the old man living alone
Continue on

There is no limit to what you can do
Don’t let barriers get in your way
You are worth more than you know
Continue on

In this assignment, we were asked to write a poem sending an important message to people. We recently read a poem called shake the dust, inspiring our “speak it” poems. For my poem, the message for people is to continue working hard despite the challenges. I enjoyed this assignment because it was a simple message that almost everyone can relate too. When I read this poem it makes think about working hard for what you want. When other people read this poem, I hope that people feel inspired to keep working hard. Overall do not let the world determine what you can do, continue taking risks and working hard.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Continue On by Anna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.