in a game of clash royale yesterday,
I summoned a minion horde to my opponents dismay
and now I feel this game is too easy child’s play
with the might of all my attacks his tower started to sway
and it looks like I am about to win hooray
but here comes a wizard what is this horseplay
and an enemy pekka is coming this way
and now I need help may-day
and it seems as if I have been outplayed
what an interesting turn of events today
Inspired by and written in the style of Giovanni’s “Winter Poem”

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Quick Match by Saheth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Isaiah 5 months ago

Dear Saheth:
    I am Intrigued by how interesting you made a game sound your poem, “A quick match,” because You explained what was happening during this game, and not only did you make it interesting you made it have rhythm.
    One line that stands out for me is, “and now i feel this game is too easy child’s play” I think this line is interesting because once you see that the enemy is taking damage you think it’s going to be a easy match but once you see that the enemy counter attacks you get startled and then realize you need help .
    Another line that stands out for me is, “and an enemy pekka is coming this way and now i need help may-day” I think these lines is contradiction because you state on your title that it will be a quick match, so you start off stating that it is indeed going to be quick and easy but then it turns out that you are getting out played, and then turn out to lose.
    Your poem reminds me of a poem that I once read. I once read a poem that seemed to be about mushrooms, but come to find out it had a deeper meaning behind it and the author sylvia plath kept contradicting herself by saying we are meek, but then saying No one stops us
    Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. Make it interesting again.

2. Octavio 5 months ago

I like the way you rhyme and how you end each line with a Y