When you get stuck in traffic,
Hours upon end

Just remember,
It
could
be
Worse

If you get your wallet stolen
And you can’t pay the taxi

Just remember
It
could
Be
Worse

When you fail an assignment
Get a bad grade 

Remind yourself
It
Could
Be
worse

Whenever you think
Your problems are bad
Always remember
It could be worse.

In this assignment, we were asked to write a poem with a repeated message. For my poem, I wrote about everyday problems and their actual significance. I don’t like writing poetry but this assignment put poetry into a different perspective for me. When I read my own poem it makes me realize that my problems are barely as significant as other peoples problem. I hope that when people read my poem they realize that a small number of your problems are as bad as others. I want everyone to think before complaining, and think about everyone with no food, or living on the streets, think about them, put yourself in your shoes.

Photo by Mina Chan/Startup

CC BY-SA 4.0 It Could Be Worse by Matteo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Bryan 1 week ago

I liked the premise of your poem. Many people complain about their lot in life, yet do not realize how much worse it could be. Perspective can really change a person, one man’s trash, is another man’s treasure. A garbageman in the US could complain about their job and how doing anything else would be better, yet a brick worker in India working would probably give anything to be in that garbageman’s position.