my brother has
black combed hair
he will always
apply it with gel
he leaves it
the way he intends
it to be
he wars it confidently
and no one can tell him otherwise

In the style of Cornish’s “Sam’s World” poem

I dedicate this poem to my little brother. When it comes to poetry I would always reach out to either people or nature. So when I was making this poem, I really want to think who or what should I write this about and what does it have any purpose. The reason why I chose my brother was that he’s the kind of person who won’t take other people’s opinion. He will do this his own way and to make it the way he finds in his perspective. I am incredibly proud to have a brother who takes action into his own considerations. He’s also irreplaceable; no one can take him. Even if they gave me a million dollars, that to him is priceless. Again, I am proud to call him my brother.

Photo by Photographing Travis

CC BY-SA 4.0 Carlos by Jose is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Edna 7 months ago

I can tell your super connected to this piece and it shows through your writing. Great poem!

Jose 6 months ago

Thank you for commenting about my poem. Really appreciate it!!