1. Carlos 1 month ago

I too have a deep fascination with designer clothes. For me, it is not about being snotty or trying to show that I am better than someone else. It is about quality and being able to look my best at all times. As a person of color, I feel as though I am judged even more than most by my outer appearance. The use of designer clothes, for me, is the ability to walk around with confidence and feel I am not as judged. Thank you for writing this article. It is not everyday you see yourself reflected in the article.

2. Olivia 2 months ago

I never considered the fact that designer clothes are more comfortable. I would always just assume people wore designer clothes to look more professional or put together for other people. I love that you explained that you wear designer clothes because it makes you feel good. It’s also interesting to me that dressing nicely is so important to you because it is something you had to learn because you weren’t taught. I would like to hear more from you, not only about clothes, but also your other ideas because I have never talked to anyone who has a viewpoint like you.

3. Lindsey 2 months ago

This is a very interesting take on appearance and personal style. I love your view on style as something to express yourself and your interest in fashion, not necessarily as a way to brag or show off wealth. I also agree that buying something with your own money makes it 1000 times more special because you know all the work it took to earn it. This makes you cherish things you have even more.

This is a bit off-topic, but as someone who attends a private school, I don’t get to express my style on a daily basis. What are your thoughts on uniforms in school? Do you think they limit self-expression or lead to less discrimination and bullying?

4. Cameron 3 months ago

Ricardo I think you chose an interesting topic to write about and it was good you could connect with it personally. However, just due to the fact a piece of clothing is designer does not mean it is tailored. It can mean it is well made for a specific body type and it happens to fit you well, but it does not mean its tailored. You can take a gildan t-shirt and go down to any tailor and you will have yourself a tailored shirt. This entire piece of writing felt like a weird flex. You seem to have both a high and low level of confidence, so I would say be more universally accepting of yourself. Nice piece.