For this exercise, I chose the play, Othello. I chose to read a passage of Iago’s dialogue (Act 1.3.426-445). I learned about the importance of emphasizing certain words and also about how you can express emotion by highlighting certain syllables of a word and not others. I also learned about the importance your pacing can have and how drawing out phrases can make them more important. While I was creating the recording I understood that Iago was creating a scheme so I tried to make my voice sound mischievous in order to convey a distrustful character. I also understood the contrast between Othello and Cassio in this section and tried to inflect descriptions of both characters differently to make a distinction.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Iago’s Plan by Audrey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.