I remember swinging on the swing like i was a bird,
I remember going to after school.
I remember scraping my knee and the pain i was in.
I remember eating meals laughing.
I remember being sad when I lost my favorite toy.
I remember my friends.
I remember my Christmas & Halloween.
I remember losing myself.
I now remember myself.
I remember the four year old playing with the kids during choice time.
I remember the little girl who really loved pink.
I remember the girl who cried to get out of trouble.
I remember the little girl who loved her little brother but couldn’t hold him.
I remember the little girl who always kept an 100% in all who spelling quizzes.
I remember the girl who fought for attention from my parents i was the middle child.
I remember Zaidon gets attention for being a baby,
Zeze gets attention for being older but me I was in the middle so I was the child who was second oldest or the first youngest no title…
I remember Zariya
I remember that I was praised
I remembered my mom calling me her heart
I remember my mom told be confident if I was

CC BY-SA 4.0 I remember… by Zariya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Joshua 4 months ago

Dear, zariya i am astonished by your poem, “I remember…” because it describes exactly how you’ve grown into the person you are today. You’ve expressed how your personality and creativity is your way out. One line that stood out to me is “I remember losing myself, now i remember myself” I think this line is interesting because it shows how you’ve improved your overall mindset on yourself. Your poem reminds me of my poem “Where I’m From” where i explained how me and my brothers live and how i live day to day. AMOS @jjwoody912