I’m Jocelyn, I’m 18 years old and I’m American and Mexican. I was born in the United States but my roots are from Mexico. Something important to know about me would be I’m a really sensitive person but not a lot gets to me, and that I’m a slow learner –  it takes time for me to be able to process things. I was born on July 2nd, 2000 at 3:35 a.m. I wasn’t able to graduate on time. That was really my turning point. It made me think a lot about how to become a better person and improve not for anybody but myself. I used to live with both my parents when I was small but as time went by they separated and I have lived with my mom ever since.

The only subject that I actually enjoy in school would be English. The reason why it would be English is because I like to write and I like to read. I say that the only thing I’m good at in school would have to be English or anything that has to do with writing because I’m really bad at math and every other subject.

I feel like I won’t be able to graduate and  feel like time is running out for me. I should’ve graduated last year and I still haven’t. I’m still here. Sometimes it stresses me out to the point where I don’t even want to come to school anymore. I feel like giving up. I honestly just want to finish already.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Time is running out by Jocelyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ana 4 months ago

Dear Jocelyn, I enjoyed reading your story because I can relate to what you are saying, you said “I feel like I wont be able to graduate and feel like time is running out for me.” I can relate to this part because not one time in my school year did I not stress in school and felt that i wouldn’t be able to graduate because i though i wouldn’t get my work done in time, what I can tell you to that help me get through that worry was complete my work and make up my hours in school when i had the chance to, keep on trying and don’t stress ! anybody can make it if they try. I really like your picture because when i think about stressing and school work the time clock always comes to my head.
    sincerely Ana

2. Clara 6 months ago

Jocelyn, while I can’t relate to your position exactly, I know how it feels to be stressed out and ready to finish high school! It may seem difficult to find the strength to keep going, especially when you are ready to graduate, but trust me, your success when you get your diploma will be all worth it. In the beginning you said you are sensitive but a slow learner. In my experience, the quiet and thoughtful people are the people that learn from observing and go on to know themselves very well. I hope you continue to follow your passion for English, whatever that may be. I am glad that you feel like you have had your turning point and you are now on the right track. While this is just a funny article, I hope you get a few laughs and this gives you the motivation to push through! https://www.huffingtonpost.com/karielle-stephanie-gam/7-tips-to-help-you-fight-_b_2604028.html Thanks for your honesty, Jocelyn!