,

Education plays a very important role in our world today, and is valued by parents, politicians, students, and educators. Charter schools, unlike other public schools, provide a wide ranging curriculum that allows for greater educational opportunities. Without the help of the community and the state, charter schools would not be able to thrive. Charter schools produce many important benefits, such as additional educational options for students, increased educational innovation, greater student achievement, and a healthy competitive pressure for the students and staff. Overall, charter school attendance leads to greater achievement in students. I have been going to a charter school since kindergarten. Because of the benefits charter schools provide, I have been able to succeed and become a better student. I have also been able to attend classes that cater to my interests. Not only do I have all my graduation requirements as a junior, but I was also able to take college level courses to help prepare me for the real deal. I strongly believe that charter schools provide more opportunities for the enrolled students than other public schools are able to provide.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Charter Schools by Mia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Hailey 1 month ago

Hi Mia! I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I have never gone to charter school, but been in private school my whole life. It was touching when you said “Because of the benefits charter schools provide, I have been able to succeed and become a better student”. This shows that you are making the most out of you education. Thanks for writing this, and I hope to read more from you!

2. Olivia 1 month ago

I didn’t know that charter schools were public schools. I would love more information on why charter schools do not receive as much funding. I am also curious about why not all schools would be structured like charter schools if the level of education is so much better. Personally, I go to a private school which my parents pay for. My school does not receive public funding, but still performs well. Public funding is not a necessity, but funds must come from somewhere. Is there anywhere else charter schools get money from?
    I would love to see more research of yours considering concrete evidence.

3. Sante 2 months ago

Hello Mia! It is wonderful to hear that you’ve enjoyed and capitalized on the opportunities that carter school has provided you. While this is an amazing experience for you, there is overwhelming information that points in the opposite direction. An article in the Washington post highlighted a few of these issues (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2014/05/20/a-dozen-problems-with-charter-schools/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.98ee4f8f5033). While a wide majority of charter schools fair to perform at their intended standard, I am glad you are in attendance of one that does. I would recommend looking for more sources in your argument and trying to get a broader sense of the subject rather than leaning heavily on personal experience and opinion. Best of luck moving forward!

4. Griffin 3 months ago

The Charter school system has harmed availability to education and also the lack of government oversight in charter schools has lead to inconstancy in educations provided. While one can appreciate them as part of said school they represent a problem in the American educational system. Also since your a member of one of those schools you should look for unbiased info on charter schools.