1. Emily 6 days ago

Dear Nicole,
    I agree with the idea that America should represent a community. The problem is that in order for America to be seen as a community and for the people to come together many times that takes a tragedy occurring. 9/11 is a perfect example of that, because it brought the community together. Here is a link to an article about it https://www.cbsnews.com/news/remembering-911-when-americans-came-together/. Another problem is American Literature, because it really does represent all of the negative occurrences going on in America with all of the discrimination and hatred. The Hate U Give is a great example, because the police brutality has become out of hand and that is a great representation of it.
    Emily Malouf

2. Miriam 9 months ago

I also think that being American would be a lot better if the majority of Americans helped to create a supportive community. However, the facts are, it is not a supportive community, especially if we have to designate “safe spaces” when a community should be one giant safe space. What do you think we can do to create a community? This website might give you some insight on how to argue. I think this website could be important because one of our biggest challenges today is that people don’t know how to discuss controversal issues. https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/how-to/growth-strategies/2016/01/4-tips-for-arguing-effectively-and-productively.html