1. Laya 4 hours ago

Hi Alani!
    I really enjoyed reading your post. In my lit class we are actually studying American Creed and the American Dream so I thought it was super interesting to hear your opinion about it. I agree with your views on the topic that Americans should be given equal opportunities. I also just finished reading “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part- Time Indian” which talked about topics such as Indian American inequality. I think if you haven’t read it yet, it would be something that you would enjoy. It is interesting to think that Americas motives have changed, I would be interested to hear more about what you have to say about that!

2. Jacob 8 months ago

Alani,
    I think that this post was really great. I can tell that you’re very passionate about certain issues, and it shows in your writing. There is a huge disparity between Native Americans and the rest of the American people. Here’s a link about some current Native Americans and their troubles working with the Federal Government and the people surrounding them: https://www.npr.org/2019/02/24/697028570/overcoming-a-long-bitter-relationship-grand-canyon-and-tribes-mark-centennial