1. Jessica 8 months ago

Dear Milo,

I agree with the idea that being a true American cannot be defined by a single guideline and your post “Fixing American Lit”, gave rise to the idea that people of many cultures and races can and are able to show patriotism. I also saw how you brought in the idea that American needs to see its flaws and correct them head on.

One specific sentence that stood out to me was ” It’s so important to learn about American Literature, to educate ourselves on how others feel about America and to understand a full picture of what America really is because there are many views that we can learn and benefit on instead of a single-minded view on America like many Americans have.”, this embodies exactly what America as a country should be like. Not only does educating ourselves we bring more intellectual knowledge but we also widen our own views.

I am glad that you brought to this topic, which not many people think about. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you noticed a problem and brought your own unique ideas about it. There is a lot to be said and I think that this articles could potentially start an important conversation.

2. Blanca 8 months ago

Dear Milo
    I am moved with your essay because you mention the idea of Tegan Griffith of being an American. Identifying as an American is not exclusive to one certain race.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is ” It’s so important to learn about American Literature, to educate ourselves on how others feel about America and to understand a full picture of what America really is because there are many views that we can learn and benefit on instead of a single-minded view on America like many Americans have.” I think this is a good point because a person should be open to other people’s views. Each person is entitled to their own opinion and it is nice to know what they think of America.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your writing is very nice and formal. You made your point very clear throughout your writing. You also made the reader think more and want to learn about American Literature.

Blanca