Students online speech should be limited because students who get bullied lose self-esteem and confidence, it is also disruptive to the learning environment and if schools aren’t doing anything to prevent bullying then who is?

If schools don’t do anything about it then who will help out to reduce bullying? On an article that I read I seen a survey that asked teachers if they were bullied. This means that administrators care about the learning environment because it is not only students being bullied but teachers as well. It also demonstrates how the highest percentage reduced their confidence and self esteem. This shows that it can be hard on them to teach because not only do they feel like they can’t teach but they also feel bad about themselves. I think that the smallest percentage that says they feel scared outside of work is only 4.5% because most of the bullying affects them and after that they probably lose hope in themselves and feel like theres no in life anymore. I also think that most of the bullies are students because they tend to not have as much as respect towards their teachers and sometime they always feel like they’re always right. Schools are by far the most cautious about bullying at school towards teachers.

When people get bullied they tend to lose self-esteem and confidence. In an illustration by Jimmy Margulies it demonstrates that their privacy and dignity have been violated. It also shows a principle telling him, “Tell me, teacher, what’d they steal this time…Credit cards…bank accounts…social security numbers?” this means that none of that mattered to the teacher, what mattered the most to him was his privacy and his way of being. The fact that a teacher may feel like that at work is no good, students should not have the right to say anything they wish to just because the teacher can’t defend themselves. This image also means discrimination and civil rights violation to the victim because then teachers start wanting to leave their jobs. I think that students should be taught more discipline at school, if it’s not from their parents than from school. I also think that if students don’t have a limit at school then it will become more of a widespread problem. Bullying effects victims on self-esteem and confidence in themselves.

Online bullying becomes very disruptive to the learning environment. Not only does it affect learning but it also affects extra curricular activities that the students may participate in. Like for example on and article that i read by Russlynn Ali it states, “…as to interfere with or limit a students ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or opportunities offered by school”. This explains how students can have all these opportunities to feel happy and focused at school but because people are maybe posting things online about them that are not true or just putting their privacy out there, they become scared to express themselves because they don’t know what they’ll say about them next. I think bullying can come to extent were the victims feel like the bully is threatening them so that is why they talk to the school to become more safe about it. I also think that Harassments make a really bad environment, like students start feeling harmful effects upon themselves. Online bullying can effects the students learning.

Students online speech should be limited due to students low self-esteem, bad learning environment and nobody else is helping except for the schools.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should schools be allowed to Limit students’ Online Speech? by Lizbeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Madeleine 4 weeks ago

Lizbeth, your article brings up some decent points, but there is no structure or flow. While the title of your article sways me to believe the post is about cyberbully, you don’t mention social media at all until your last paragraph. Consider providing an initial and more encompassing thesis to build your article off of. This will help with the structure and flow.

I liked how you thought about teachers in this mix because I feel they are often forgotten. Your cited articles provided adequate evidence to your claims, however, I’d like to know more about the reference articles. Below I have attached another one if you wish to continue your research.

Lastly, you begin your article with a question: “If schools don’t protect from cyber bullying then who will?”. What about the work that we, as students can contribute in eradicating these types of things? Overall well done, and I hope to be reading more of your posts in the future.

https://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/what-is-it/index.html

2. madeleine 4 weeks ago

3. Katie 1 month ago

Dear Lizbeth:

I am Impressed your article,”Should schools be allowed to Limit students’ Online Speech?” because the information added to your post really is true. I really did not get the opportunity to get a glance of the other side because I had said that schools should not limit our online speech.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “When people get bullied they tend to lose self-esteem and confidence.” I think this is true because you really do not know what a person is going through. Then for people to be attacking them on the internet makes things worse for them.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you can maybe make me see the other side of my perspective. Reading what another person thinks on the subject can help you view both sides and understand them a little better.

4. Daniel 1 month ago

Dear Lizbeth

I am impressed by your post “Should schools be allowed to Limit students’ Online Speech?” because i did not get a chance to focus on the other side that i did not choose which i though they should not be limited.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “When people get bullied they tend to lose self-esteem and confidence” i thought this was interesting because it is true when people get bullied they lose all their confidence because they start to believe that the person who is telling them stuff is true.

thanks for your writing. i look forward to seeing what you write next, because i believe that you provide good examples from each text you used. Also you used explanations to be able to understand your thinking towards the subject .

Daniel Valladolid