1. Milton 7 months ago

Dear Nathaniel :
    I am Incredibly amazed of your essay structure and your format. You state what is going on with famous
    activist Angela Davis and the award she was nominated for from the Civil Rights Institute. I feel that this
    essay was relevant to the fact that she was very bold to step up to the plate and stand her ground for Civil
    Rights that was needed for her people. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is‘’ The current
    events that is happening in Israel is shameful. Along with human rights violations to the Palestinian
    civilians, racism against African Migrants is currently happening’’.I think this is very because
    Another sentence that I thought stood out to me was: “I don’t know whether I enjoy being at the center of
    the controversy. I think I’ve had my share of controversies in my life.” This stood out for me because it
    represents what shes personally been through. Your essay reminds me of something that happened to me.
    One time i was oppressed by the police in a situation that occured that i had completely nothing to do with,
    i was brought to court speaking to a judge And he completely looks over what i have to say, maybe it was
    because i wasn’t light skin.Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because
    you are a very outstanding writer with high expectations.

2. Kimani 7 months ago

I agree with your argument that Angela Davis should receive the award that she was originally nominated for. I also feel like the tweet the Jewish Voice For Peace made about Angela Davis was very unnecessary and inappropriate as well.