1. Milton 3 months ago

Dear Kimani :

I am impressed with what you have wrote. Your style of writing is incredible and your format is tremendous.One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “ Davis was always at protests and giving speeches at rallies to help black people fight for their civil rights” I think this is relevant to Angela Davis because she attended various events and stood up for all civil rights upon African Americans.

2. Jillian Nelson 3 months ago

Kimani,
    Your essay on Angela Davis reflects how educated you are on her and her life. It allowed me to get a better understanding of who she was and is. Your claim was basically stating that Angela Davis should receive the Civil Rights award, but in your second to last paragraph it distracts from your claim. I still believe you should incorporate this in your essay, but not so close to the end. You should also defend why she bought those firearms in order to make your claim stranger. An article that I found helps with using counterarguments in order to support your claim which could potentially make your essay a lot more persuading https://writingcenter.fas.harvard.edu/pages/counter-argument Good work!

3. Nathaniel 3 months ago

Dear Kimani,
    I am amazed by your “I Stand With Angela,” post because it gave me a new perspective of Angela Davis and her role in civil rights. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Angela Davis was a very motivational figure during the Civil Rights movement and is still one till this day where she fights for justice no matter what country it is. ” This gave me a greater appreciation of Davis because she fights for the rights of everyone despite race and color. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.