Finals week is coming up and lot of people are stressed. I feel stressed when I have a lot of homework from school. Also, I feel stressed when there are multiple tests in a same day. Not getting enough sleep makes someone more sensitive and become stressed easily. These stressors impact my emotions and my learning negatively. When I feel stressed, it is harder to control my emotions. When I try to study while I am stressed, it is way harder to focus on studying. Stress makes it harder for me to concentrate on one thing. To make long story short, stress is bad for you. Stress increases the risk of mental illnesses like depression. Stress changes the brain structure in a negative way that can affect your thinking. It was interesting to learn that stress shrinks your brain and also hurts your memory. There are way more negative effects of stress. Stress has huge negative effects on our brain. These effects shows that we need to avoid stress  So, how can we cope with stress? Eating healthy and exercising regularly helps. Getting plenty of sleep is important when dealing with stress. Taking a break is a good solution. You can do something you like to get your stress away and go back to it after break.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Max Stress During Finals by Dean is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.