Noah Lopes. “Growing up in Oakland.” 13 Dec. 2018. this source is also credible because Noah is a after school program director and he had child hold that was hard for him at school to pay attention this was a credible source to me because everyone has something that bothers them and this was just a connect for me.

Home distractions can be hard too. When I’m at home where I sleep I feel alone. Because I have nobody my age to connect to even at school when I’m around friends I still feel alone when I’m not alone I don’t know why that’s just how I feel. But know matter what I stay with a smile because I don’t like people worrying about me because I feel like I did something wrong if they start to worry for me. And in one of my interviews I learned that Kareem Marshall, an Oakland native, says “growing up in Oakland for me was fun I got to see a lot of things and I lived in Berkeley and I went to Oakland school while my my mom was In San Francisco doing a lot of things so I had the opportunity to experience the Bay Area entirely. And it was fun it was cool growing up wasn’t really difficult because my grandmother did all she did could for me which is pretty good eventhrought my mom wasn’t around and my mom wasn’t around and I had two older sisters that are really cool and really dope so growing up was pretty cool for me so I wouldn’t say it was bad or any thing” (Marshall).      

The street can also be a distraction because when I see old friends from elementary school and hang with them they have usually have guns money, and drugs. That makes me worried about them and think about them more because I still remember all the time we were in class together. The last time I remember being in class with them was in six grade and we wear playing in class and playing basketball together and when I see them in the streets now it just hurts me to see them in that position.      

In conclusion, growing up in Oakland can be hard for an African American because people that they know can be in the streets and people also be born into the streets. What I mean by being born in the streets is that people can have parents selling drugs killing people as well and that can affect the kids life too. Life can be easy and fun for people that live in Oakland because although life can be rough for people others can  still have manage to have a good time.

Work Cited    

Kareem Marshall. “Growing up in Oakland .” 13 Dec. 2018. this is a credible source because kareem had grow up in a different era then me and he’s also lived in the Bay Area too and had different experience in and out the Bay Area.

Noah Lopes. “Growing up in Oakland.” 13 Dec. 2018. this source is also credible because Noah is a after school program director and he had child hold that was hard for him at school to pay attention this was a credible source to me because everyone has something that bothers them and this was just a connect for me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Growing up in Oakland by Latrell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.