,

In 2018 there were a lot of new trends that were popular. For instance Fortnite is a game that was so popular that on  average 40 million people was playing the game. Some things that might have made the game popular is that the game was free so it was undeniable to get, and it played on all platforms such as, Playstation, Xbox, Pc (computer), and Nintendo switch. As Fortnite was getting more popular, people started seeing that Fortnite created  more problems. Some problems that Fortnite caused were people were losing their sleep to stay up to play fortnite, and people said that Fortnite was too addicting to people. This article will talk about how Fortnite has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, it could be harmful because if Fortnite is addictive then it could affect different habits of a person such as, The brain, how players socialize and how fortnite can be time consuming. But,  Something positive about Fortnite is it’s an online game that lets a person play with everyone.

Fortnite is a online battle royale game where millions of people all around the world play. This has its advantages and disadvantages because, while a person you plays fortnite players can play with multiple people such as, your friends , family or a stranger they you have never met before. You can also buy different costumes which are called ¨ skins.” In an article titled, ¨”Fortnite meets the NFL¨, that was written by Kyle Martin, he talked about how a player you can meet different players and see that everyone plays a lot different from each other. Martin had stated in the article that, ¨You can learn a lot about a person by the clothes they wear, and the same is true in the world of Fortnite. The widely-popular online Battle Royale game has drawn fans of all ages, and gives each the ability to customize outfits, which can be worn in-game, and suit their personality. Each “skin” tells a little bit about each player” (Martin) Martin said that it seems like with fortnite you can tell what someone’s personality is  by how they play or what type of “skin” they might be playing with or how they like to play. He said playing fortnite is like describing someone by watching how they play one you sees how they like to play and how everyone doesn’t play the same. This could help players because they are antisocial in real life then this would be a great opportunity for them to make friends and socialize and they get to be someone they feel like who they really are.

Fortnite is a online battle royale game where millions of people all around the world play. This has its advantages and disadvantages because, while a person plays fortnite players can play with multiple people such as, friends , family or a stranger they  have never met before. Martin, Kyle. “Fortnite Meets the NFL: How You Can Wear the Silver and Black on the Battle Bus.” Raiders.com, 9 Nov. 2018, www.raiders.com/news/fortnite-meets-the-nfl-how-you-can-wear-the-silver-and-black-on-the-battle-bus. (Martin). Martin said that it seems like with fortnite can tell what someone’s personality is  by how they play or what type of “skin” they might be playing with or how they like to play. He said playing fortnite is like describing someone by watching how they play one  sees how they like to play and how everyone doesn’t play the same. This could help players because they are antisocial in real life then this would be a great opportunity for them to make friends and socialize and they get to be someone they feel like who they really are.

On the other hand, something negative that Fortnite does is that it affects anyone’s brain in many ways. ¨ Wojakovski, Nadine. “Does Fortnite Affect Your Brain.” Thejc.com, Nadine Wojakovski, 18 May 2018, www.thejc.com/lifestyle/family/is-fortnite-bad-for-the-teenage-brain-1.464332. (Nadine Wojakovski). Fortnite is changing people as if it is influencing them. This could affect people negatively especially if they play this game at a young age because people  who are the age of 25 brains are underdeveloped, and them playing Fortnite any chance they get is not a good thing to do. Some people may disagree and think that this is absurd but if  a game teaches one to break things and kill as many people as they can then this would most likely affect the brain negatively.

Something that can go both ways is that not only players but anyone also wastes a significant amount of time with Fortnite. Fortnite is almost everywhere now. People  can find it on Youtube, Twitch, Google ,Instagram, Ads etc. Millions of people watch and play fortnite and from experience Fortnite takes a long time. People watch others play fortnite to learn their tactics on how to win. A teacher named Kareem Marshall at Life Academy Middle School Marshal, Kareem. “Fortnite in an Teacher’s Eyes.” 10 Dec. 2018, doi:“ When I had first gotten this game i wanted to get better because I wasn’t that good , so i went on youtube to watch other players to see how I can get better. (Marshal). This proves that some people are so determined to get better that they would go to different sources to get better. This shows that people have incredible determination, but they might not realize that when they do this the are also wasting time. So as one can see, Fortnite has its advantages and its disadvantages. This could affect someone negatively or positively because if someone is bored and has nothing to do then they could go on youtube and watch gameplays but if someone is busy and they cannot afford any distractions then them watching Fortnite is not such a good  idea. Fortnite can be many things like fun, boreing, time consuming, violent. But it also comes with many ideas to offer. Fortnite can be multiple descriptions and it can be harmful and helpful to not only players, but also viewers, streamers, bloggers and many more. There is not really a side to choose for Fortnite because with more advantages the game offers there are disadvantages that’s there too. Fortnite can be claimed as many things as a bad habit or a good competitive game but for many reasons Fortnite has made a popular trend for everyone in 2018.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Can Fortnite affect a person negatively or positively? by Dustin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jaydin 3 weeks ago

Dear Dustin,
    “Can Fortnite Affect a Person Negatively or Positively?” was a really awesome topic choice. It caught my attention as soon as I read the title, mainly because I have a younger brother who loves to play this game. When he comes home from school, I often find him surrounded with two or three extra TV screens that his buddies hauled over to the house just so they can all play together and have their own TV. Anyway, it is great to evaluate the negative and positive affects this game might have on an individual. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “But, something positive about Fortnite is it’s an online game that lets a person play with everyone.” I think this is a great point to make because it is a means to be social as well as competitive. Another point I loved was that people are able to express their personality through this game by the “skin” they choose. I think being expressive through our clothes is always a positive and fun thing for people. Thank you for your post, it was such an interesting topic.

2. Abby 3 months ago

Hi Dustin,
    I really like how you talk about the multiple ways that Fortnite can affect an individual, both socially and mentally. Most people might focus on the negative social aspects of Fortnite, but you were able to frame Fortnite as beneficial to those who struggle with socializing face-to-face. I noticed that you mainly highlighted the negative impact that Fortnite can have on someone’s mental health, especially in terms of a teenager’s brain development. What are some examples of these negative influences on a teenager’s brain development, specifically? Additionally, does the amount of impact on a teenager vary from person to person? I look forward to seeing your perspective on these questions!

Dustin 3 months ago

boi im really bouta getcho pickle chin head ah boi

3. Author
    Dustin 4 months ago

Dear epic games,
    I did not mean for my post to offend you and i tried to make it to where fortnite can benefit people also. I hope you get this and see that this blog is not what it seems
    Sincerely, Dustin

4. Victor 4 months ago

Dear, Dustin
    This article about fortnite is very interesting and it made me think about different effect it can have on people either positive or negative. A line that stood out was when you said “This could help players because they are antisocial in real life then this would be a great opportunity for them to make friends and socialize and they get to be someone they feel like who they really are.” this shows different aspects of a person and lets them be themselves. I think it was a cool topic good job.

5. U.S goverment 4 months ago

dear dustin,

this article about fortnite is very interesting and it makes me think of how a game can be very violent. now that you have addressed why not to play fortnite I would switch to playing minecraft for the rest of my life in my moms basement. I will no longer think of suicide and i will live an epic life for now on.

Sincerly, Epic games

6. U.S goverment 4 months ago

dear dustin,

Sincerly, Epic games

7. Kassandra 4 months ago

Dear Dustin,

I really enjoyed reading your blog because it was really interesting. I agree with you when you said,¨while a person plays fortnite players can play with multiple people such as, friends, family or a stranger they have never met before¨. I agree with you on this because my brother was talking to a stranger and my dad got worried, so he took away his game for a bit. I also do have to agree with you when you also said,¨Some problems that Fortnite caused were people were losing their sleep to stay up to play Fortnite¨, because I do stay up late sometimes playing Fortnite. Thank you for the hard work you put into this, and for posting it to allow many to read.