Mexican music doesn’t get the respect from mainstream America as it should. People probably don’t understand it and they don’t get what kind of vibes it gives you. I love mexican because it puts me in a really good mood. The best time to listen to mexican music when your on your way to a house party or when you are just feeling it.  

The best thing about Mexican music is that there is such a variety to match any mood. Any category you can think of, like love, party vibes, sadness, hyped-up, Mexican music spans all types of music and moods. I am not sure why people do not listen to more of this music. It must be that they think the music does not suit them or they do not understand it. It is funny that Mexican people will listen to Mexican music, rap music, and other forms of popular music, however, non-Mexican people usually do not cross over from rap and popular music into Mexican music.

Here is my recommendation for those who have not considered Mexican music: I recommend you to listen to it whenever you are at a party. Just give it a try. Let the beat put you into a good mood, at a party. Or step out of your comfort zone and just give it a try. Look up proper Mexican music on Youtube or Spotify and try to get a feel for it. It is too bad that many people are missing out on this. Another big recommendation is to try to dance to it. Go out to a Mexican event and learn how to dance to the music. You can make a lot of friends and have lots of fun, I guarantee you that.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why Not Mexican music? by Davis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sofia 3 months ago

Dear Davis:

I am surprised for your post about “ Why not Mexican music?” because is interesting what you say about Mexican music and also I like how you express yourself in the Mexican cultural.

One sentences you wrote that stands out for me is “ Mexican music doesn’t get the respect from mainstream America as it should.” I think this is true because many people do not like mexican music because they say it’s boring but is not true because the mexican music is beautiful.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like what you say.
    Sofia

2. Mariah 5 months ago

Davis,
    I would just like to say that I also think Mexican music is drastically underappreciated. As a non-native Spanish speaker, but someone who is learning, I was hesitant to begin listening to music in a language I didn’t speak fluently. However, I quickly discovered that I love Mexican music and the very broad range of emotions that one can find within the beat and the lyrics. Listening to Mexican music even helped me to become a better Spanish speaker. I was able to pronounce new words with new fluidity and pick on some cultural idioms. Here is a link to an article that discusses a similar process to the one I went through to learn Spanish via music.
    https://www.iwillteachyoualanguage.com/learn/spanish/spanish-tips/spanish-music

3. Raul 5 months ago

Dear: davis

Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next because you say that The best thing about Mexican music is that there is such a variety to match any mood. Any category you can think of, like love, party vibes, sadness, hyped-up, Mexican music spans all types of music and moods. I am not sure why people do not listen to more of this music. It must be that they think the music does not suit them or they do not understand it. It is funny that Mexican people will listen to Mexican music, rap music, and other forms of popular music, however, non-Mexican people usually do not cross over from rap and popular music into Mexican music.

4. Veronica 8 months ago

Estimado Davis

Estoy asombrada por su publicación “¿Por qué no la música Mexicana? por que es verdad lo que dices en esta publicación, la música mexicana tiene un sentimiento único. No todas las personas lo sienten solo los mexicanos de corazón que conocen su música original.

Una frase que usted escribió que se destaca para mi es “Lo mejor de la música mexicana es que hay una variedad para adaptarse a cualquier estado de ánimo”. Creo que esto es cierto por que la música mexicana tiene diferentes ritmos que se adaptan a los estados de ánimo. Siempre encontrarás una cancion que tenga que ver con amor, tristeza, etc.

Gracias por tu escritura.Espero ver lo que escribes a continuación por que se me hizo interesante tus palabras en esta publicación.Se me hizo interesante tambien porque es apasionante lo que dices de la música mexicana y le recomiendas buena música a la gente de otros países o continentes.