Global warming is it real or is it a myth. Facts are, glaciers are melting, sea levels are rising, cloud forests are dying, and wildlife is scrambling to keep pace in our world today . It’s becoming clear for most people that humans have caused most of the past century’s warming by releasing greenhouse gases to power our modern lives and at the sametime kill our planets and its wildlife. But on the other hand, there are those who believe that global warming is a myth that scientists made up and claim that this is just the Earth’s natural cycle. Who’s facts are true?

Most people believe in Global Warming and what effects it has on the Earth. They claim that the “greenhouse effect” is the warming that happens when certain gases in Earth’s atmosphere trap heat. Then these gases let in light from the sun but keep heat from escaping our atmosphere. They state that the global average temperatures have stayed fairly constant over that time…until recently. Through humans burning fossil fuels and other emissions, they are enhancing the greenhouse effect and warming up the Earth and killing species that aren’t used to that warm of temperatures. The final statement they have is the rapid rise in greenhouse gases is a problem because it’s changing the climate faster than some living things may be able to adapt. Also, a new and more unpredictable climate poses unique challenges to all life.

On the other note, there are people who believe that global warming is straight out a myth and refuse to accept it. Dean Burnett says that “Many people just refuse to accept the facts that surround them, even if we saw 100 more years of it plain and apparent.” He states that climate change is a “myth” and that people all over the world have been brainwashed into thinking climate change is a real thing that “threatens all of humanity”. Burnett calls nonsense on global warming. He found that when you look closely at the so-called evidence for climate change, it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. His evidence says otherwise and says where does this rise in sea level supposedly come from melting glacial ice? Like there was at any point massive blocks of ice just floating around in the ocean? You ever leave an ice cube in your drink last longer than five minutes? It melts, and yet we’re meant to believe these “ice caps” lasted millions of years. They’re not even trying to be convincing any more.

Is our word at sake and do we need to change our way of life for the greater good? Or are we overreacting and this is the natural cycle of the Earth? Who’ facts can we trust and believe?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is Global Warming Real? by Madison is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nereida 5 months ago

hello, i am a student at back of the yards collage preparatory in Chicago and i have witness both type of positions when it comes to global warming. I was wondering if you have any ideas that i can incorporate into my action plan because i would like to bring awareness and inform them of this issue.

2. Madison Z. 5 months ago

Dear Madison (We have the same first name haha)

I am surprised by your post, “Is Global Warming Real?,” because you are so knowledgeable and provide so many facts about this topic. You provide logical reasoning as to why Global Warming is very real as well as why some people may refuse to believe so.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It’s becoming clear for most people that humans have caused most of the past century’s warming by releasing greenhouse gases to power our modern lives and at the sametime kill our planets and its wildlife.” I think this is correct because humans are responsible and ignorant to their negative contributions on Earth such as producing an unhealthy amount of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

Another sentence that I support was: “You ever leave an ice cube in your drink last longer than five minutes? It melts, and yet we’re meant to believe these ‘ice caps’ lasted millions of years. They’re not even trying to be convincing any more.” This stood out for me because the example of melting glaciers and warming temperatures are very real and is causing serious consequence (due to Global Warming even if others tell us otherwise).

I do largely agree with you that a new and more unpredictable climate poses unique challenges to all life. One reason I say this is that something disastrous could happen any day now as climate change becomes more prominent. Another reason I agree with you is that many animal species are dying due to unfit and unhealthy conditions and temperatures in their environment.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I am also a student advocate for climate change and strong believer that Global Warming is real and happening right this second. I agree with all your statements and appreciate that you’re educating others about this issue.

Please check out my blog if interested: globalwarmingactivism.wordpress.com