I wrote this poem to connect Romeo and Juliet to my life. I wrote about love because it is important. I hope you enjoy my poem.

I love a person

That doesn’t believe in magic

when we’re together

We Believe in fun

Love is dis because i dont give fuck about anything

Love is boring because i hate love and people

I don’t got time for love because i rather sleep and eat then fall in love

With people

i dont give a fuck about all people,

Every person in this fucking world will waste my time .

My love is school because I hate school.  

School has boring books and bothering teachers and boo-boo ass food that Ms. Posey serve.

People get me irritated                 

So I’ll smack them like Ms. Dodds smacking my noodles.

My first love was tacos after that my second love was sirup

Tacos smell like beef, the sauce is spicy, the tortillas feel smooth in my hand.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love Poem by Brian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mary 1 week ago

Brian, I really liked this poem because I can relate to some of things you’re talking about. For example when you say, “My love is school because I hate school. ” I can agree. I hate school but my whole entire life revolves around school and is for school you’d think that I love it. I really liked how you were able to put that into words in a more clever way. This poem really intrigued me and I hope to see more writing from you soon. Here’s another poem I think you would like called Love Hate Relationship

2. Jadyn Walton 1 week ago

Dear, Brian U.A
    You did a job explaining love in your point of view. The part that I liked is when you said “I love a person That doesn’t believe in magic when we’re together We Believe in fun.” It sounds like your saying you don’t love people who are fake or act fake towards you love people who know how to have fun and be real with you. Some suggestions I have is to try and make the poem have a flow so it doesn’t sound like your saying a bunch of things and it doesn’t connect with each other. I also likes when you made a simile in your poem when you said “ So I’ll smack them like Ms. Dodds smacking my noodles. Overall your poem is great and I enjoyed reading it.
    For more examples you can visit my poem: https://www.youthvoices.live/2018/11/28/theyre-coming-gentrification/?highlight=gentrification.